Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Smoked Salmon Roll Ups

So I had my first paleo faileo this evening (i'm not counting my lamb meat sauce, which had a hiccup, but ended up awesome) and it was really disappointing.

It stared out like this:

I was going for a paleo pizza with bagel topping. I thought it was going to be great. It looked great. I look at a punch of different paleo pizza crust recipes. I used all the advice I could find and ended up going with a mixtures of eggs, olive oil, almond flour, and coconut flour.  The texture was just wrong. It felt like a big crumbly cookie, and tasted like almonds. Maybe with other toppings it would have been better, and I made a tomato tart with an almond crust last week that was great (recipe coming soon).

I ended up taking all the toppings off and just eating a bunch of smoked salmon roll ups. True confession: I also ate a couple before dinner with I was waiting for the husbanator to get home.  They were yummy. Good snack. Easy breakfast. You should make them.




Also, I've been cooking a lot this week, but I started a new job on Monday and haven't really had time to post.  Look forward to broccoli slaw, compound butter, and my first paleo pancakes coming soon!

Ingredients

Smoked Salmon
Marscapone Cheese (this is just made with cream and acid, so while I don't do milk or cheese on the reg I let this in for special occasions)
Thinly sliced onions
Thinly sliced tomatoes
Capers

1) Take a piece of salmon, spread with a thin layer of cheese then top with onion, tomatoes, and capers.
2) Roll and pop in your mouth. If you are shame eating because of your giant kitchen failure chew as you make the next one. If not you could totally make a bunch, put them on a plate and then eat like a regular person. Whatever floats your boat.

0 comments:

Post a Comment