Friday, July 22, 2011

Compound Butter

Do you want to impress people with almost no work? I do. 

I love having dinner parties and entertaining, but I'm known as a great cook among my friends so I alway feel the need to impress them. But sometimes I'm busy and I don't have time for anything complicated.

It's okay though, because I have a secret. Compound butter.

All compound butter is is butter mixed with other stuff. But when you roll it into a cylinder and serve beautiful slices on meat, on vegetables, or with bread for your non-paleo guests (boo) people are amazed.  

This week I made some basil compound butter just for me and Mike and we ate it on top of ribeyes and spinach. He was impressed and he knows my secrets ;)

Grilled Ribeye with Basil Compound Butter

Basil Compound Butter

Ingredients

1/2 stick of butter (or a quarter of a package of Kerry Gold... mmmm), room temp
1 cup basil leaves (or other herb)
1 clove garlic
salt to taste

Directions
1) Place basil, garlic, and salt in food processor and pulse until very finely chopped.
2) Add butter in and process for about 30 sec until everything is mixed
**you could do these step by hand, but it would take forevs**
3) Place butter on wax paper, parchment paper, or plastic warp (less than ideal) smoosh butter out a little and then roll into a cylinder and place in the fridge for at least 2 hours to firm. Slice and serve. 

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your secret. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! I think I'll play around with various seasonings, in additional to the basil/garlic combo. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @goatsandgreens

    I've made this so many ways. If you use honey one of my favorite is thyme, honey, and lemon zest. If you're eating cheese blue cheese can also make a great addition!

    ReplyDelete